The Beginner Workshop offered in 2013
Infrared Photography is an amazing technique that really enhances your portfolio and enables you to create extremely artistic and evocative images. This Beginner Infrared Photography Workshop is designed for you if you’re just getting started with digital IR.
If you’re new to brand digital infrared photography, you’ll also want to participate in this intense 2.5 day Beginner Infrared Photography Workshop so you can learn infrared photography the easy way! No frustration, no wasted days!
[simple_box bg_color=”#e8f0d6″ text_color=”#453d45″] The Beginner Workshop will cover:
DAY 1 ( evening):
- Introductions, Wine & Cheese reception, slideshows and videos.
- Overview and Orientation to IR Photography
- What is infrared and why does it make such surreal images What are the best digital cameras to use for digital infrared photography?
- Testing your camera for IR
- Set goals and outcomes for the course
- Shooting skills and Techniques for Infrared Photography
- Exposure, camera settings, white balance
- Shooting IR at various locations
- A variety of shooting exercises to refine your skills Image assessment Image preparation
- Post processing – using Photoshop
- Black & white post processing
- False colour post processing
- Photoshop infrared recipes
- How to print digital infrared photos
- Wrap up and special wind-up dinner with show & tell – show us your best images – slideshow, images contest & critique.
Your instructor is award winning infrared photographer, and Canadian Photographic Artist of the Year – 2009, and two time Manitoba Photographic Artist of the Year, Alexandra Morrison, and special guests.[/simple_box]
DATES in 2013
This workshop will be offered once in 2013 – Saturday August 10th – Monday August 12, 2013 in Winnipeg, Canada. Winnipeg receives more sunlight of any other North American city – perfect for IR shooting!
Cost include workshops and materials, champagne reception on Saturday evening, continental breakfasts and lunches on Sunday and Monday, limo service to our shooting locations, private gourmet dinner and awards presentation on Monday evening at one of Canada’s best up-scale restaurants.
Access to the “Creative Suite” the social hub of the event where you can challenge your fellow photogs to a game of photoshop tennis, compare your techniques and try out some of the great new equipment that’s coming soon.
We have a special workshop rate at the Fairmont Winnipeg, a first-class Fairmont property in the heart of downtown Winnipeg and the historical Exchange District, a candidate UNESCO World heritage site.